Learn more about Styes, including The Symptoms, The Causes, and The Treatments.
Styes are also known as external hordeolum and are an infection of the eyelash root. They appear as a red lump with a yellow pus filled center, similar to a white head spot you get on your face. It appears on the outside of your eyelid along the lash line. Styes can be contagious as it is caused by a bacterial infection. Most people will get styes at some point in their life.
• Redness in a localized area of the eyelid
• The stye can make the eyelid look swollen
• Tender on touch
• Eyelid may feel bruised on blinking
• Staphylococcal bacteria, the bacterium is found in the nose and skin. Rubbing your nose then your eye can transfer the bacteria across to the eyelid.
• Long term blepharitis
• Skin conditions that are not managed properly such as dermatitis, rosacea etc.
• Has been linked to stress or when you are rundown
Do not pick or pop the stye, this will only transfer or spread the infection. Most Styes will burst and release after a few days and usually do not require treatment, however you can help it along.
• Warm compresses of the eyelids using a heated eye bag. Heat the eye bag as per instruction, lay back, close your eyes and let the eye bag heat your eyelids for 20 minutes. The hot compresses will help the stye rupture, discharge its contents and heal more quickly. Repeat this 3 to 4 times a day.
• Epilation of the lash in the associated infected lash follicle, to help drainage and healing of the stye
• If they do not heal, seek further advice from your optician or local eye hospital. Drainage of the stye and antibiotic ointment treatment can be used in stubborn cases.
Avoid wearing contact lenses and makeup until the stye has healed.
Eyedeal Vision is such a fantastic opticians with amazing staff, I would not dream of going anywhere else!! The range of frames are brilliant and the help of everyone in choosing frames that suit you is even better!!
Excellent service, very friendly stuff. Thank you. Alex
I have used Eyedeal for my whole 10+ years of wearing glasses because of their excellent services. Very friendly and polite staff with a high standard of work.
Professional, thorough and friendly! I come out confident and reassured, and love my glasses!
From start to finish, this was a positive experience. From the welcoming staff through the expert eye tests to the technician phase - this is how it should be done. Can’t recommend eyedeal vision highly enough.
Great service, helpful staff, would highly recommend. R. Jackson
If you need quality, service Eyedeal is the optician you are looking.
To thank you for the expert treatment and advice i have received over the last 20 years. Gracelyn
I would recommend Eyedeal Vision to anyone. I’ve been using them for many years, and it’s a real pleasure to go in for my check ups, the staff are so friendly and helpful.
We have used Eyedeal Vision for many years and are extremely happy with the service we receive. Everyone's always very polite and friendly. Highly recommended.
Please Contact Eyedeal Vision Opticians at Chingford for any queries you may have. If you would like to book an appointment for an eye examination, please select the Book Your Appointment link. For any other enquiry please use the Contact Us form here.
40 Station Road
If you would like to request an appointment for one of our eye examination, please select the Request Your Appointment link Above.