Learn more about Hypermetropia, including The Symptoms, The Causes, and The Treatments.
Hypermetropia is also known as hyperopia or being long sighted. If you are long sighted you may have difficulty in focusing your eyes but more so when looking at objects or text close up. When light enters your eyes, it should focus on the retina (light sensitive layer at the back of your eyes). In hypermetropia, the light focuses behind the retina. This causes your close up vision to be blurry. Children that have severe uncorrected hypermetropia will not develop good vision if their eyesight is not corrected with glasses or contact lenses. Hypermetropia in children can also cause a child to ‘over focus’; this leads to one eye turning, strabismus. The turned eye may not develop properly and cause a weakness in that eyes’ vision, this is called amblyopia or lazy eye.
• Blurry vision especially at near or close up
• Tired or aching eyes
• Headaches after reading or completing a close up activity
• A smaller eye, hence light focuses behind the retina instead of on the retina
• Irregular shaped cornea
• Low converging ability of the lens in your eyes, causing light to focus behind the retina
• Genetic or familial link
• Glasses using convex (outward facing) lenses. Your lenses can be treated with special coatings. Anti glare lenses can help reduce glare, transition lenses that act like sunglasses in bright conditions, high index lenses to make your lenses thinner if you have high hypermetropia.
• Contact lenses, soft or hard. The most hygienic and convenient contact lenses are soft daily disposables.
• Strabismus or squints would need to be monitored and may require surgical treatment. An Orthoptist and Ophthalmologist usually monitor patients with strabismus or squints; the Optician would help take care of the prescription required to treat the hypermetropia.
• Laser eye surgery: to correct your hypermetropia prescription
1. LASIK - the eye surgeon makes a thin, hinged flap into your cornea. They then use a laser to remove the inner layers of the cornea; this changes the shape of the cornea, correcting your hypermetropia. Lasik recovery is usually quick.
2. LASEK - an ultra-thin flap of the epithelium (outermost layer of the cornea) is removed, a laser is then used to change the shape of the cornea. The removed epithelium is then placed back on to the laser treated cornea.
3. Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) - has a similar procedure to LASEK, however the epithelium is discarded, and the cornea regrows the epithelium.
For premium eye examination and up to date technical equipment and knowledge look no further than Ideal Vision.
The whole family and relatives have been customers of Eyedeal Vision Opticians for many years and we have always had a very professional service. We are always treated with much respect and would highly recommend the practice.
Amazing team. Very professional and elite. These aren’t your ordinary ‘spec savers’ company. A family run business who care ❤️
Been going to Eyedeal for 8 years. Always so helpful and a very nice staff. Always friendly what more could you ask!
Always friendly and ultra professional even in these difficult times. Would thoroughly recommend them.
I have been going to Eyedeal Vision for years as I used to deliver there post when I worked at Royal Mail Chingford I have moved offices 3 years ago I still go to them as they are so friendly and polite and very patient as I also that my niece and nephew who is Autism and non verbal he uses his iPad to communicate which they so great patience with him he is a very clever boy. Just been for our yearly check lucky for the children there eyes are perfect mine getting worse I was bit worried about my new glasses they soon put me at ease they really are the best opticians I have ever been I really do recommend them Amanda Oneill
Our whole family visit Eyedeal Vision from young to not so young. Service is second to none from everyone, they make you feel that you are their only customer and every need is met, with a smile and efficiency. During these difficult times it is the one place that we go to with complete confidence. Keep up the good work.
A fantastic local opticians friendly polite and very professional Pop in and enjoy the experience.
Service here was superb - they managed to turn around an order for varifocal sunglasses in a week, which was mightily impressive. Lovely team and always service with a smile.
I have been getting my glasses from Eyedeal Vision since the 1980’s and always been treated with the most kindest attention, my glasses have always suited me And I will never go anywhere else the staff are very expert in what they do.
Please Contact Eyedeal Vision Opticians at Chingford for any queries you may have. If you would like to book an appointment for an eye examination, please select the Book Your Appointment link. For any other enquiry please use the Contact Us form here.
40 Station Road
If you would like to request an appointment for one of our eye examination, please select the Request Your Appointment link Above.